Melody completed her BA in Humanities in 1995 and went on to do her Honours in Psychology in 1996. She has since completed her Advanced certificate in Counselling and Communications, receiving the Deans award for academic performance. Besides running her private practice she has been involved in community counselling and has counselled at underprivileged schools, done trauma counselling for SAPS and counselled families and children in the social services system.
“My passion is to watch people unwind and regroup during counselling, to watch clients go back into the same life and handle themselves and others differently, enhancing their quality of life. My counselling work with my clients is my happy place and learning from each client and their unique struggle is a gift to me. My gift to my clients in return is offering a safe, confidential environment to let go of their fears and troubles where they can be true to themselves – a liberating experience!”
Counselling area’s include: (but are not limited to):
- Personal problems, growth & understanding
- Couple counselling – pre marriage & married couples
- Individual growth & healing
- Family relationship mediation & integration
- Divorce Support
- Fertility & Post Natal Support
Areas of study include:
- BA Humanities (RAU). Honours Psychology (RAU).
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling & Communication (SACAP).
- Divorce work
- Bereavement Counselling
- Blended families